MEXIKO OFF TRACK - TRIPS AND SECRET TIPPS FOR INSIDERS
With Mexico Off Track you experience the original Mexico far from the crowds. In this section we give you secret tips that you will not find in many guide books. Some of the destinations are far from the classic routes but there are also beautiful places nearby that are hardly ever visited by traditional tourists.
Most destinations you only reach by 4x4 vehicle or on foot. These unique tours require special planning and are conducted only by insiders.
Here are a few Off Track ideas & insider tips:
- Hike with an archaelogical team to Monte Tlaloc, with 4100 meters the worldwide highest place of worship
- Trek on the silver trail through the Copper Canyon to Batopilas
- Experience mountain villages with unique traditions in the Sierra of Puebla
- Admire the magnificent churches and convents close to Puebla
- Climb the highest summits of Mexico (Pico de Orizaba & Iztaccihuatl)
- Go by boat to the hidden temples of the Lacandon jungle
- Visit warlocks & healers in the stunning Las Tuxtlas region
- Enjoy wilderness pure in the cacti desert of the biosphere reserve of Tehuacan-Cuicatlan
- Move between surrealism and eccentricity in the Garden of Eden Las Pozas
We thank our local specialist Patrick Junkers from Xokpali for arranging insider trips in the region. He is a former Mextrotter employee, still works as a guide for us and is happy to show you the most beautiful aspects of his adopted country.
Our photographer Rémi Hernández Tisseur has contributed with some inspiring pictures.
Options for Mexico adventures away from the crowds